Twitter has made creative people more concise with 140 characters to try to be witty and charming and entertaining. What if you took that same philosophy and put it to film?
Joseph Stacey introduced the Four4 Short Competition to be this way:
“@Fat_Samurai Plz RT for @JennyLongworth1 's film in the four4 horror comp! :) Trollied #four4horror http://bit.ly/14uRTMD #votetrollied”
The folks over there are doing just that, make a horror movie in 16 seconds. You have absolutely no time to waste, you have to set the scene and present a character and scare us in the process. Not an easy tasks but there are some really good ones in the competition.
Trollied is a wonderful film, it takes me back to the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes days. And it’s up against some really good films.
Four4 is a short film competition from River Film challenging film makers to produce a film consisting of just 4 shots, which are each 4 seconds long. Yep that's right, just 16 seconds of film content - not including the title or credits.
THE RULES from the website…
- The film must consist of 4 separate shots that are 4 seconds in length = 16 seconds of film content (excluding title/credits). Title/credits must be no longer than 2 seconds each.
- The maximum length for the film including all titles, credits, film content and the end title card is 22 seconds (maximum entry will have a 2 second title, 16 second film, 2 second credits, 2 second end slate = 22 second film).
- The final date for submissions is 11pm on May 31st 2013. All entries must be received prior to this date in order to be considered.
- The films must fit within the "horror" genre including sub-genres: action horror, body horror, comedy horror, gothic horror, natural horror, psychological horror, sci-fi horror, slasher horror, splatter horror and zombie horror.
- The competition is open to short films of all disciplines; live action, animation, stop motion etc.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over by the time the competition closes for entries (31st May 2013).
- The film must include the end slate available to download here including the competition logo, the logo of River Film and URLs. This must play at the end for 2 seconds.
- Entrants must fill out the entry form and upload the final film at river.wetransfer.com and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The films must be encoded as .mp4, .mov, or .wmv with a minimum resolution of 1280 x 720p.
- This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom.
If you have a few minutes to spare and are looking for a good scare this site is beyond compare. Aright I am done with the rhymes.
But be warned they are like potato chips; I defy you to stop at just one.